Adult Protective Services

By Friends & Neighbors May 25, 2017 19:26

wheelchair, holding handsAdult Protective Services (APS) investigates reports of abuse or neglect of adults age 65 or older and adults age 18-64 with physical or mental disabilities which restrict their ability to care for, protect or advocate for themselves.

  • To report suspected physical or sexual abuse or assault, financial abuse, neglect (including self-neglect), isolation, abandonment or abduction, contact the appropriate APS office listed below.
  • To report suspected abuse or neglect in a care facility in Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa or Tuolumne counties, call Mother Lode Long Term Care Ombudsman Program of Catholic Charities — Diocese of Stockton, (209) 532-7632.

Adult Protective Services:

Alpine County: 24-hour crisis hot line, 1-888-755-8099;

Amador County: (209) 223-6550, 1-844-835-3685;

Calaveras County: (209) 754-6452, 1-800-464-4079; after hours, call Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office, (209) 754-6500;

Mariposa County: (209) 966-2000; after hours, (209) 966-7000;

Tuolumne County: (209) 533-5717; after-hours crisis line, (209) 533-HELP (4357);

Stanislaus County: (209) 558-2637; 24-hour hotline, 1-800-336-4316;


By Friends & Neighbors May 25, 2017 19:26
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet

Let me tell you a sad story. There are no comments yet, but yours can be the first!

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*